To help us maximise the value this wonderful building can bring to our Community, we have a few dos and don’ts, which we kindly ask all to observe.
- Enjoy your stay with us today whether popping in for a pot of tea, fish and chips, or to make some ‘Northern Soul’ shapes on our dance floor!
- Tell your friends about your experience at the Mechanics Institute and encourage them to come along too!
- Follow instructions in the event of any incident where the building may need to be evacuated – emergency exits are clearly marked with two to the front and one to the rear, accessible from ground floor and the Main Hall.
- Respect the building and its contents – everything is funded by volunteer time.
- Be respectful of others in the building so everyone enjoys their visit.
- Leave the building quietly and respectful of our neighbours.
We respectfully ask that you do not:
- Consume any food or drink NOT purchased in the building (unless by prior arrangement).
- All our prices are very competitive, and every penny made goes straight back into the building and associated services for the benefit of you and all in the Community.
- Bring your dogs or other animals into the building (registered guide dogs are welcome).
- Smoke inside or close to the building including vapes and any form of electronic cigarettes.